I'm mowing the grass...with my hands.

Friday, July 23, 2010

I know what I want to be when I grow up...A sumo wrestler.




Well I'm just on the ball with this blogging thing. Two days in a row. Ya'll should be proud! But seriously, I'm leaving for Tokyo tomorrow and will be gone all weekend so I thought that I'd write now about what happened today...just real quick.

Inoue-san (Mrs. Inoue) and Kimura-san (Mrs. Kimura) are the two ladies in my Thursday English class with Miwa-san (the sweet old man below in the picture that taught me calligraphy). They all three are in the class together. Well...they wanted to do something special for me. i don't even know why because i've only been at their class for three times. But they are so, so sweet! The two ladies took me, Tom and Ian to a near-by sumo stable. this is where the sumo wrestlers pracice, train, sleep and EAT! We watched a morning practice. They had many young wrestlers and two high-ranking sumos. It was really neat and we were like 15 yards about from the ring. Pretty neat. Inoue-san is in one of the Gospel choirs but Kimura-san is just really interesting in English. I just thought that ya'll would enjoy the pictures. It was cool to see how they did stuff and get an insiders-scoop on how things are done. Please pray for Inoue-san, Kimura-san and Miwa-san for they are not believers. Pray for Tom and I as we travel to Tokyo this weekend. It is a 6 hour drive.

God is good,
Richard

1 comment:

  1. Richard, those pictures are hilarious! :D
    Your Dad was telling us about your blog in S.S., so I figured I track you down. :) I love what God is doing within your own heart already (based on the post before this one) and look forward to reading more.
    The Westovers will be praying for you each day. Keep us posted! Hope you enjoyed your weekend in Tokyo (how cool is that?!)

    ReplyDelete